Day 7


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Mysore
December 27th 2014
Published: December 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 7
Today was a 5.15 start. We have agreed that we should take a second chance on the safari. The same driver came to pick us up from the hotel. We did manage to see various wildlife, but not the one's we really wanted to see; elephants, tigers, and leopards. The road through the park was really far too busy. Still, it was a beautiful morning, and a nice way to spend 3.5 hours.
On our return to the hotel, we were running a bit late, so we had no time for a wash, or a shower, it was bags packed, and away.
Today we are driving 90km to Mysore. The first stop was for breakfast; dosa and tea all round. We were all ready for it. The owner seemed very pleased that we had chosen to eat at his cafe. He served out dosas like hats!
The first part of the journey was back through the safari park, we managed to see a few black faced monkeys.
Before we go to be hotel in Mysore, Nijam took us to visit Mysore Palace. The first thing we saw inside, apart from the absolute hoards of people, pushing and shoving, was the Shree Shvetha Varaha Swamy Temple. We all had audio guides, I only really took two points on board, that the palace was but in the
Wodeyar Dynasty, and their most favoured God was Chamundeshwari.
After arriving at the hotel we got showered and changed before heading off to see the Sri Chamundeshwari Temple, the bull temple and then the market. At the temple we had yet another round of photos with a Westerner! Tom has finally bought two dodis. Seeing him pluck up the courage to wear them will be interesting. We completed the day by having dinner at The Ritz. Another good day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb