Mangalore


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Mangalore
March 4th 2008
Published: March 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On the bus!On the bus!On the bus!

Ollie releases his guns!
We took a bus from Panjim to Mangalore. After waiting around on the top of a bridge surrounded by buses and having no way of knowing which was ours apart from asking people with varying results, (apparently Bangalore and Mangalore are not the same place!!) we found our bus and boarded for the trip. Again the sleeper bus was quite comfortable, though not quite as good as the last one. After a few sleepless hours I finally got cold and decided i would get tucked into my sleeping bag. I found the sleeping bag, got it out and after a massive struggle with it hopped inside, all whilst holding on for dear life, and settled in to try and sleep......Cue toilet break with the bus stopping and everyone getting out. What great timing!!!

The Bus arrived well ahead of schedule at 5.30am into Mangalore and we were literally thrown off half asleep and very dazed by the experience. Lost in a strange city and being hassled by rickshaw drivers shouting hotel names at us we composed ourselves and set off into the dark streets to find somewhere to stay! Turns out that reading a map early in the morning is nobodys strong point and so abandoning the guide book, aka the bible, we wandered into the nearest open place. This turned out to be a very cheap place to stay with a massive room, with two bedrooms.

After a little more sleep I woke up and im afraid to say starting the incredibly painful process of removing dreadlocks, They were driving me insane!! They took roughly two hours to put it and a hell of a lot longer to remove, great fun! We then headed out for lunch and found a nearby restaurant where we all ate 'Ladyfish', apparently only available in Mangalore. It was absolutely amazing! We then took a long walk around the city, which was a very peaceful place, had some coffee and then Dinner, another monstrous feast, and off to bed to rest our weary selves!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Hmmmm...Hmmmm...
Hmmmm...

Ollie finds himself advertising mens underwear!


Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb