In Ahmedabad


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Gujarat » Ahmedabad
November 18th 2010
Published: November 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I'm in Ahmedabad now. I don't know if it's the fact that I finally left the state of Rajhastan, or the fact that I am hanging out with my London friend Fernando, or the effort I made to stay positive to attract more positivity - I firmly believe in this - but finally things seem to have turned for the better.

Yesterday I had a great day hanging around the city with Fernando. The highlight was visiting a fort, whose name I don't even remember, and sharing tea and a laugh with the government officers who were working there. They hardly spoke any English but were ever so friendly. Then at night we went to a CS meeting and finally saw CS as it should be - friendly people wanting to socialise and do things as opposed to horny men hoping to get laid. I am now convinced that it is only in Rahjastan that guys use CS as a dating site and I am more optimistic about future encounters. CS means a lot to me and to see it used it the wrong way was really upsetting.

Today I went to see a kite museum, a bit of the City Museum, then went for a Tibetan lunch in a slum. Yes, a slum. And not only the food was delicious, but our host knows most of the people living there and it was absolutely great to meet them and interact with them. They are such smiling and friendly people. My only regret is that I don't speak Hindi but a certain amount of communication was possible anyway. You can say a lot with a smile.

Tonight I am going to make pasta for my hosts and I can't wait to eat it. As much as I like Indian cuisine, there is nothing like the food you grew up with. Unless you're from England of course.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0679s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb