Yoga, scooters and abandoned beaches


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
October 14th 2009
Published: October 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Turtle Beach 146 secs
Ruben = Thin Indian Yoga instructor with really wide spread toes. He was super nice with a calm demeanor and was easy to talk to. The class started at 8am on an interesting stone patio on the beach surrounded by palm trees. With the waves crashing in the background we are sitting right up front cross legged on our mats listening to Ruben chant Ommmmmmmmm. Then the yoga starts with Ruben repeating “Inhale in, exhallllllleee ooouuuut, slowly” in what can only be described as a new wave yoga song. Everything he says then becomes hilarious. I will now try and capture it in words but you will just have to ask us to mimic him next time you see us because we have been doing it then entire trip.

“Inberted B” (actually inverted V said very quickly)

And our Favorite during the end: “I’mmmmmm Reeeelaxxxxinggggg myyyyyyy booooooddddyyyyy, I’m relaxing MY body” (first part is said very slow, last part is VERY fast.)


So after yoga we rented a scooter and followed a British couple to a place called Turtle Beach that they had been raving about. It’s a beach that’s protected by the government because it’s a sea turtle breeding ground so no one is allowed to build on it. It was an amazing, pristine beach that stretched for about 3km with no one else on it. Well there was one dude surfing when we showed up. To top it all off there is one beach shack that served some amazing fresh seafood and cold drinks (for next to nothing). It was on of the best places we have ever been to. Check out the video.

On the way back we got hammered by a little rainstorm where everyone else had the common sense to stop and wait a few minutes till it stopped and we just kept riding on. We received some funny looks as we cruised down the road, soaking wet (even some pointing and laughing). It was actually really fun, but an amazing day ended badly when we got back to the Guesthouse and found out that Christine had lost her passport...



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



21st October 2009

Wow
I just sat here watching your video with the stupidest silly grin on my face, that basically said "and this is why I love traveling and love people who love to travel because god damn does traveling rule!". Seriously, it looks amazing, such an experience, great food, people, culture, everything. Loving the blog and photos and vids!

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb