Silent relief or Kingfisher - Airline of the Gods


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
October 15th 2009
Published: October 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Getting back from such a completely zen day and realizing that I didn’t have my passport was a shock to the system. All the comfort of the day was immediately washed away with feelings of panic, disbelief, embarrassment and humor (I mean, it is funny when you think about it). We looked through everything in our room twice, then went and had dinner, and then came back and looked through everything one more time. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Our thoughts ranged from, “Well, perhaps they can just fax us an emergency exit visa and passport?” to “Here goes another trip to Mumbai!” because the closest consulate is located there. Feeling like there was nothing we could do at the moment, we rounded up the phone numbers we needed to call the airline and the consulate and went to bed. And, as my constant luck would have it, the next morning’s call to Kingfisher Airlines revealed that it was there at the airport waiting for me. Ridiculous luck, I know. What can I say?

We decided such success deserved total celebration ☺.

That night we had dinner on the beach 15 feet from the waves, under a dark sky filled with stars and dining on red snapper tandoori which was THE BEST FISH I have EVER had. Jared and I both agree it was one of the best meals we’ve ever had. The atmosphere, the food, and the end to such a stressful but happy day.

After dinner we walked a few miles through the small sideroads of Palolem until we came upon Alpha Bar - the silent disco. Weird, I know. Jared and I were pretty skeptical, but I gotta tell you, it was awesome. You pay a certain amount plus a deposit for the headphones which have two channels. One was techno and trance music, the other more 80s/90s and hip hop. We met up with a few friends we’d met along the way (shout out to Nick, Angelie and Brad!) and spent the whole night dancing and being silly. What was the most fun is we’d constantly be yelling to each other, “Switch to 1, switch to 1!” Or watching each other sing silently to a different song. Here's a small sample of our silliness 😊.

We capped off the night at the VG with Goran and Janet and a few drinks, and laughs about our travel mishaps. Goran at this point wondering how we made it there in the first place.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



23rd October 2009

Miracle do happen and that what affirms ur faith more in the almighty
Hi Girkles. Well I can really understand what feelings u might have gone through when u literally thought that u lost ur Passport. The most important document of all, even important than money, especially when ur travelling to a distance land. Anyways i am also happy that u found it later. Well what u can derive is that God has important role to play in everyones life. It is only when u start beliveing without any doubts, u tend to over come all difficulties and thins start to ha[[en for u. what do u think about my view point? Wish u good luck Regards Raj,Goa

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb