local papers


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Anjuna Beach
April 29th 2007
Published: April 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well i surrived my 13 hours train journey down the coast, it ended up being really quite ok, i was in an AC cabin and had a lower birth to my self. Tara had insisted that i go all the way down to madgaon , and then get a taxi all the way up the coast again to Baga, but instead i just go off the train early and managed to get a motercycle taxi to take me into town> He had no problem with balancing my rucksack on his handel bars!!! and having me on the back on the high-way. Baga is very bussy with lots of places to eat, sleep, and going out to, they have an ok beach, but it is quite over crowed and you get hasseled alot by everyone trying to sell you something...anything.

I have rented a scooter and have had a great time away from the crowds, going to nite markets, seeing old forts, watching local teams play football and hanging out late in coffee shops. Where i found the best local paper i have ever read, it called the Herald and was established in 1900!!!That is before lots of British papers were...the best stories i found were about:

+ Hike in milk prices for the second time..." This is a dangerous trend, which should be arrested immediatey..."

+ A whole page for " Brides and Husbands wanted..."

+I found a job for a female, animal lover. In an animal clinic, no experience needed...i am so totally there...

+ A whole section for local death Anniversarys...

+ In the international news, they wrote of japanies students giving away free hugs to passers by in Tyoko...

+ But the best story was about how the mother Mary had come in the form of an infant in local Catholic church, and told the parinishers to print up 2000 letlets to spread the word of the load, and put this ad in the paper...

I am not sure how old the infant was to have been able to tell the congreation to do this work for the Lord, but i was mightly impressed never the less. Makes me want to have a long term address so that i can subcribe to the paper, and keep up with sights of the lord and Mary.

I will be moving up the coast to Anjuna a smaller town in a few days and then i will catch the train down to palolem a small town with beach shacks and less people. Still sticking with the coastal theam to keep in some way cool.

Have also read about the tigers air stikes in Sri Lanka, which i am a little worried over, as i am going to be there next month...will have to keep an eye on the situation closly.

Hope you kids are all well and please at leat some of you write soon.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb