RIHLA#4


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Bihar » Bodh Gaya
October 6th 2012
Published: October 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1). This article is related to what we are learning in class. Recently in class, we've been discussed about different religions. Hindusim, a religion that has been practiced for some over 1,500 years in India. Indians believe some people, Dalit, are impure from birth because the karma they gained from past life; therefore, they deserve bad treatment by the higher caste.

2). I think different people respond to the caste system in India, shared a common emotion, anger. Since this caste system had created so much unfairness to the Dalit. They all discussed violences that happened to India's untouchables. Violence like gang raped, paraded naked, and mistreated, all appeals the people's emtions.

3). The treatment of the Dalits(untouchables) is related to treatment of groups of people in United States history. At school, we are reading "Savage Inequalities" and "The Raisin in the Sun"Back, both talk about how blacks were mistreated and poverty. They were placed in a certain area; the environments were terrible, and the government didn't change anything overtime. Violence and discrimination continued not until some stood up for what was right. I think this is similar to what Dalit had experienced it.

4). This article makes me want to ask a question why are upper castes treat Dalit so bad and violent when they believe in Karma," Those who do evil acquire bad karma and are reborn into suffering at a lower level of existence"( Hinduism 77).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb