They're off ... Again!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
July 10th 2014
Published: July 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Technically our journey started on 10 July but not until late evening. We were concerned that flights would be grounded due to the increased rocket activity over Tel Aviv. At 4.15 pm Lesley took a call from El Al to advise us that our plane would be delayed for one hour.

At 7 pm we packed the car only to find that Lesley had packed her flight stockings somewhere inside one of the cases. An exasperated husband soon found them and we set off for Ben Gurion airport.

Thankfully we made it without any hiccoughs. The airport was not as crowded as we have seen on previous occasions and we got through security easily - all things considered. We have got biometric passports which we thought would save us a lot of time. Wrong! Biometric passports MUST go through the machine. The problem is that the world and his wife has a chip in his passport and BG has only two machines where everyone with Bio passports must queue.

We didn't waste our time in the queue. We got into a conversation with a guy leading a group of Arabs on a tour. They were christian Arabs from Sydney and Melbourne touring the holy land. They had had an amazing time and the young priest in charge only had positive things to say. This was his third trip and he was looking forward to his fourth.

We bid him farewell and went off to the lounge. Eventually we were called and had to sit on the Tarmac for an extra 30 minutes as they were only using one runway.. Soon we were off. I took one piriton (antihistamine) and slept quite soundly for 8 out of the 10 hours flight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb