Hong Kong - The weekend!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
April 5th 2008
Published: April 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After reading all of our city guides and travel information, there were a few activities we thought we should undertakle before leaving! First on the list was the Tung Chung cable car. We were now very accomplished users of the MTR transport network and reached Tung Chung in no time at all and although we didnt stop at DisneyLand, Mark appreciated the Mickey shaped windows on the train! The cable car had amazing views of the surrounding landscape and the airport, plus the weather was great. After taking a quick glimpse at the large Buddha at the top, we made the descend with equally great views both inside and outside the car!

After a pricey but very tasty Dim Sum lunch with views overlooking Hong Kong harbour, we wandered around a scenic little park before a little more shopping and then home!

On Sunday we all felt quite tired buit had breakfast and headed out into Hong Kong to make the most of the hot, clear weather. We were all quite content with ambling around the city just taking in the amazing constructions all around us! Even after 7 days, the Hong Kong landscape and atmosphere were still very appealing.

Following a great lunch of assorted birds, we headed off to the Peak tram. This tram rapidly ascended the hills behind the city and the viewing platform at the top created the most wonderful views of Hong Kong. The day was one of the clearest thus far and as we stood and awed the surroundings we were incredibly satisfied with our time in Hong Kong but slightly sad to be leaving! However, we were unaware of the good times that lay ahead in Macau!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Hong KongHong Kong
Hong Kong

Scene from the viewing platform (Top of the Peak tram)


Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb