Lantau again


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
January 27th 2007
Published: February 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sat 27th Jan:
We got up with the intention of going to Tai O, but failed because we woke up really late again. The bus was also too long to wait for, so we went around the parts we hadn't seen of Lantau instead. We went to see the Silvermine cave, which was blocked off with a big 'No Entry.' sign, The waterfall which really just a trickle (wrong time of year for it) and Man Mo temple, which was really small. And a bird pooed on my leg, on purpose, so maybe I have bird flu now (Matt this is, not Leanne.). We did have a gentle stroll around that side of the island though, met a few farmers and locals. Friendly people, but they all seem to be trying to tell us we need to put coats on (it's their winter here).

Later that night we went to KFC. What a let down. They only have two burgers, they have all this chicken and rice, and peter pan sized soups. We were not amused.

After that we headed yet again back to the markets in Kowloon, and on the way met two old ladies. English and perhaps
Silvermine CaveSilvermine CaveSilvermine Cave

Well the mouth anyway. We didn't even see any silver there.
in their 60's at least, they were old anyway, and they were on their way to New Zealand. We were a bit surprised when talking about travelling, they told us that they had been to Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam and loved every minute of it. We directed them to the market and then went about our way, after Leanne bought herself a nice Kimono. On the way back, we stopped at one of the street corner food vendors and got Waffles with peanut butter and fresh fruit slushies which are really good, 2 big waffles and two good sized drinks are about hk$40, so they're pretty cheap.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Street corner food vendorsStreet corner food vendors
Street corner food vendors

They do fruit slushies waffles and loads of seafood on kebab skewers.


Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb