In and around Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
December 8th 2012
Published: December 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Amazing to see Tracey! We headed to her flat on the bus, dumped my bags and headed out for some food. Had a lovely chilled evening chatting and catching up.

Hong Kong is alot more than I expected....today Tracey and I headed down to Tai O on Lantau Island, where we visted the fishing houses which are built on stilts in the water. Wondered through tiny streets of markets full of fish and sea food, from live to dried, pickled to fried...however you fancy it really! Walked round the village and checking out the beautiful views of the coast and the crazy stilts the houses are supported by. Thoughout the day we ate alot of traditional food of the area which you can't get in the main city including.......

Butsigo (like a jelly/curd with black beans in it) which is set in a bowl but eaten from sticks - a Hong Kong style lollipop I guess.
Squid, fried fish stomach lining, crows eggs, turnip cake
Park with shrimp paste in a pancake
Slices of coconut, flower and black seasme cake/jelly - think vodka jelly but with listed items 😊

Jumped on the bus back through the mountains to the Big Budha casted in bornze (still Lantau Island) and walked up the 260 steps to say Hi. He really is rather large at 34m high at one of the largest outdoor seated statues in the world. After mooching around the area and sipping our warm malted soya milk we headed home.

Later we prepared for a Saturday night in Hong Kong........ events detailed in the next entry 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb