hmmm...


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
April 5th 2010
Published: April 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hmmmmm not sure when i wrote this but found it on my laptop and thought i would put it on. its a little incoherent but maybe it makes sense....

i think it has a lot to do with the ideas of impermanence and avoiding attachment....maye i'll try and write a clearer less garbled attempt later.

Living in such a transient city has its ups and downs i guess. Knowing i am here for considerably longer than some of the friends i have made who i know are leaving at various points during my stay.
It is an interesting adjustment to make. Knowing that people who you are getting to know - you might just reach that point of comfort with someone and they are gone. An ever changing set of friends. The result is a friendship base that spans the globe. I know that by the end of the summer i will have friends back in new Zealand, south America and Europe, and by that time a whole new friend list will have arrived and plans made for visits and ways to stay in touch.
There are cons to such a way of making friends and living - the ground never seems solid beneath your feet. Nothing is permanent. But is it ever? Back in England things are never permanent, never sure, you never too far from an accident and terrible news and a friends is gone. Having friends move away and new people arriving is always preferable to the fragility of life. And it didn’t take long for my decision to be made, my life packed up and i too am now a transient friend to many - living thousands of miles away - although contact, conversations and love is all still passed. So there cannot be too much sadness about friends moving around the world - i am one of them - and i too, i know now, or am indeed, beginning to realise i am going to be one of those transient people, passing through many people lives - remaining friends with some, others, just a memory of a great night or a moment of inspired conversation.
Knowing that when you make friends with someone that it is not permanent or indeed not for very long, the creation of a friendship is sped up. Indeed meeting someone for an evening can quickly become a close and trusted friend, promises of visits, of holidays, e-mails come very quickly. And the friendship is very real. Across huge distances love can be sent. And you are friends when you speak and when you make an offer of having someone stay with you back home you men it - i know i have made the offer many times already and truly expect to be taken up on it when i return to England.


for now, peace and light xxxx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb