Changning area


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan
May 3rd 2013
Published: May 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

To be able to avoid the tourist rush during the 1st May holiday. I lay low in Changning, a place where tourist unaware of it existing on the map. indeed...there really not much to see in the area, for me...no price raise and no tourists was good enough!

The main tribe that live in Changning region are Yi, Dai and Muslem, and a small number of Bulang in Kasi township, also some Miao located in Goujie and Mengtong township. But nowaday you wouldn't expected and surprise in this area for tribal scene, so I was overjoyed when I spot some Miao dressed in costume in Mengtong market the other day. They wear the same like those Bai Miao in Nansan area with colour zebra sleeve, only the pointy tower headdress are bit smaller.

Although not much you could do in Changning, still...I need to stretch my leg and walk in different direction. A grand mosque located about 4km to the north of town, a nice Longtansi temple could be find on the east side of town. took a bus further south for about 6km , a beautiful Wenbita tower stood on top of a small hill overlook the Changning valley. and on the west side of town is the local forest park where you can made small trail walk.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb