Our last day at Chengdu Waldorf School


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
November 7th 2015
Published: November 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last day at Chengdu Waldorf School. We have been visiting the school here for the last 4 weeks. It was a sad and happy day – sad because we’re leaving but happy to be going back to Australia. In the Chinese History Main Lesson we had to present a timeline of what we have studied throughout the 4 weeks. Most of these had wacky designs, but a few were very good. We hung ours up on the wall and then we were finished.

At the end of the day we had a joint concert with the Chinese students. Many acts from their school and our school performed. We sang Australian and Chinese songs together and also joined together for a drumming piece. The last performance was just the Australian students performing as a band. Some Chinese students had also practiced songs we knew in English and joined together to perform these in bands.

Some of our group had arranged with Yashoda to buy fireworks for the end of the concert. That got everyone going!



All in all it was an amazing night but sad because we had to say goodbye to the Chinese students. I ended up jogging home and going straight to sleep!



By Casey


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0859s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb