Our surprise day out...... by Rhys, Seth and Anunda


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
November 5th 2015
Published: November 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

When I arose this morning I was really tired but I had to get up. Breakfast was good and thankfully we were not as late as yesterday. We all arrived a bit late at school for Tai Chi. After Tai Chi I tried on my thermals for this weekend. They will be really good.

The Chinese History Main Lesson with the Principal was alright; we played games for the first hour, drew a palace and made a time line. Before we knew it Main Lesson was finished. We left after that on a surprise bus trip - no one knew where we were going at first but it soon became obvious as we neared the place. It was the Sichuan Museum - we were all happy to be there and out of school for the day. We explored the Museum and then had some great noodles for lunch. We explored the market nearby and did some negotiating - that was really fun. We went back to the Museum after visiting the market and then went back to school. After school we went to Hot Pot, had haircuts and caught the bus home to play basketball and sleep.



By Rhys





This morning I had my amazing “bing” and steam milk. When I got to school we had Main Lesson. The lesson continued with studies of the atmosphere. After Main Lesson, we had morning tea. During morning tea Yashoda asked us to pack our bags because we were going somewhere, but she didn’t tell us where we were going. It took us about 50 minutes to get there; we knew we were going to miss school for the rest of the day. The place we went was the Sichuan Museum. When we went inside we arranged a meeting place. Groups were assigned and we were given certain floors to explore. We had to take photographs and notes of what we found. My group had myself, Callum, Max (photographer) and Merlan (note-taker). We were assigned to the middle floor. The first thing we discovered was a high tech computer – the screen was see-through and the computer was operated by Windows. We walked through aisles of pottery, knives arrowheads and many mini clay statues. When we were done we went back to the computer and played chess against it. None of us could beat the computer. It was probably thinking 12 steps ahead. When it was time to meet we all got to the meeting spot in time and went to the lockers. Yashoda had actually put her things in one of the lockers and when she went to open her lock I accidently leaned against it and closed it again. It is opened by a one-time use ticket; she couldn’t get it open again. Security had to come and help us. After that we went for lunch and then to a market. I did a lot of bargaining and got a bracelet down from 300 Yuan to 30 Yuan. I did that by telling them I had lived in China for a long time and know that they only cost 3 Yuan to make.



By Seth



Today after Main Lesson we went to a museum of Chinese History. We were assigned groups to explore the 3 different floors. I ended up being with the girls – Taneesha, Wren and Jenna. The assignment was to take down as many notes in the different sections of the museum as possible. After this we had lunch at a noodle bar and most of us ordered the grated noodles. We went to a market and bought prayer beads and collectable coins.



By Anunda


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb