Over before it started!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
July 8th 2011
Published: July 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

We went out for some western food as a treat on our last night in Chongqing. It's very rare we get to eat lasagna. When we were walking back to the hostel we came across some ladies dancing. Dany drew a fair crowd when she danced along with some of them. I imagine they'll be talking about it for weeks how they were dancing with an Italian woman.

We enjoyed out time in Chongqing and I must say thanks to the staff at the Yangtze River Histel who were very helpful.

So after a quick 2 hour train tride we arrived in Chengdu to be greeted with bad news. Western Sichuan has been closed to foreign travellers. We knew Tibet was closed but thought we could make it through to Yushu but I've been told we cannot. We've been told there is a route north open but the weather has been bad around that area with floods and roads being washed away.

So we've decided to have our 5 days here in Chengdu and then go home and think up a plan B.

We are both,as you can probably imagine, very disappointed but that's politricks for you.

Anyway this evening we went to the Sichuan opera which was great fun.

Enjoy the photos and Jah bless


Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb