The Giant Panda Breeding Recearch Base


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
August 28th 2009
Published: August 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

First some useful info on how to get in for free!
Go to the supermarket and ask for a PANDA card. You will need to show you ID. Then...log in...and make youself an online profile for that card. For that you might need some help of a Chinese, maybe hostel staff. So you fill in the form...registrate...and there you go... Find you way to the Panda Park (we took a cab...cause we kind of were not sure about how much time we have, but it's also accessible by bus (1 or 2 RMB per ride). When you get there...you go in for free! With the same card...you can also enter some Chengdu museums for free and some other stuff. A very good information to have before you start to go around!

It was a hot sunny day...you could also se a lot of clear blue sky in Chengdu downtown! So of cousre...since it was already hard for us to go around...all of the cute big bears were teking a nap...hidden safely, mostly indoors. In these summer hot days, a lot of cages are being rearanged and under constructions, since the outside playgrounds are way to hot. So you onls see gardeners there...

Therefore my photos are a bit limited, since the really interesting ones of a panda nursery were taken trough a 'not so clean' safety glass. No wonder...since everyone sticks their faces onto it. Another time!

The little cubbs are like hyperactive bunch of 5yearolds...keeping the two nurses busy all of the time. They have an almost human like behaviour and they make you laugh out loud!
Also visited a clinic with two newborns, little panda sister twins, born on 19/7/2009. Lying together in an incubator, being caressed by the doctors. So small, so vounerable. No pictures allowed there, thank god!

Also the park itself a quite impressive piece of landscape work...again the dominating ambient maker...the bamboo. A bamboo alley....wow...very impressive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

big playground cagesbig playground cages
big playground cages

all under construction, cause it's too hot to play outside anyways
nurserynursery
nursery

hard life of the most protected China's species: rest...
nurserynursery
nursery

...eat....
nurserynursery
nursery

...do as you will...
nurserynursery
nursery

...have your own mind...
nurserynursery
nursery

...and play....
nurserynursery
nursery

...play....
nurserynursery
nursery

...with everyone...
nurserynursery
nursery

...all of the times!
nurserynursery
nursery

Got it?!
the red pandathe red panda
the red panda

the big boss
the red pandathe red panda
the red panda

beating the shit out of the subordinate...the little thing screamed like it was the end of the world!
the red pandathe red panda
the red panda

a really cruel fight
the red pandathe red panda
the red panda

third party.... just checking out what all the fuss is about...


31st August 2009

I want...
...a little panda bear! Tazga k ne zraste... Na mojem balkonu bo glih prou prostora zanj/zanjo... :) Tud bambus zasadim za senco in prehrano!
31st August 2009

Pandaaaas! I want one. Thank you.
31st August 2009

a simple panda gift
ne se hecat Mojca in Petra! s sabo mam uno vreco 'prasico' pomoje bi se dal glih dva notr spokat! mal mlajsa od teh korenjakov :) en bi zlikrofe z Mojco delau na Fuzinah, drug bi se pa z bajkom na Zavrsnco vozu, al kako?
1st September 2009

Home sweet home
Ti, z zlikrofi na balkonu pod bambusom bi se zlo doma počutila, a ne?!

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb