Unexpected Saturday.


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Xuzhou
April 22nd 2017
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 34.2044, 117.284

We went for a walk around the Crown Hotel which is situated on Dalong Lake Park.It was a Saturday so many locals had pitched a tent and planned to stay for the day. There where lots of kites flying in the sky and also lots of eating and sleeping.It was a great place to people watch and the weather was perfect.We then headed into town to Pengzu Garden. This garden has a lake and is connected to the Zoo and also has an amusement park with lots of rides and music.We walked around the well maintained gardens and there where many statues of famous Chinese Celebrity's. There was also a Celebrity Museum. The museum is surrounded by water and a water fountain. We weren't too sure if it would be worth it but it was free and once again we had to show our passports. In the very first room was more Terracotta Warriors. There was a glass floor with rows of the statues. It was a fantastic surprise. We really didn't expect that at all.One thing in China is to always expect the unexpected. Xuzhou was great for a long weekend. Seeing all of the small Terracotta statues was pretty cool. They are not as impressive as their bigger brothers in Xian but these Terracotta statues where more like a representation of the people of that time. Worth a visit if you are in the area.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb