Yunlong Lake.


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Xuzhou
April 21st 2017
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 34.2044, 117.284

The lake is huge.
We took a taxi to the corner of the Lotus Gardens and Jinshan Park.It wasn't lotus season so we where told not to go there because it wasn't beautiful.We walked along the lake side towards the city and passing the Jinshan Tower and the Su Shi Pagoda. There is a cable car on the right that takes you up to the top of the hill. We decided to walk on and discover the other side of the lake.We saw 3 young boys with swimming rings and bathers. It wasn't that hot? So we followed them.On the side of the lake there was a beach area and the locals where swimming at the Outdoor Bathing Place. It looked very European.<br style="color: rgb(33, 33, 33); font-family: wf_segoe-ui_normal, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;, &quot;Segoe WP&quot;, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.3333px;">We continued until we reached the Music Hall. It's shaped like a lotus. A half circle made of glass and metal. It's really cool. It was closed but it would have been great to go inside and have a look.On our walk back through the back streets we came across a market. They sold clothing, shoes and food. There was one odd shop. There where about 10 older ladies and men rubbing their bodies with oil. Legs, arms, face, chest, shoulders, backs. There was a lot of flesh showing. It was snake oil. Good for rheumatism. There was a series of dried snakes and turtles on the counter. Bit creepy.We continued our walk to the Xuzhou Museum.It was free but we had to show our passport to enter.<br style="color: rgb(33, 33, 33); font-family: wf_segoe-ui_normal, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;, &quot;Segoe WP&quot;, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.3333px;">There where more Terra cotta Statues there but this time they where different animals. Horses, pigs with babies. The Tushan Kings Family Tomb was really cool too. The Queens tomb was so dark and quite eerie. I couldn't get out of there quick enough but a great experience.We then ventured through some side streets with markets stalls. Stinky tofu, fruit and vegetables, butchers, bread and ready made food. Then into the new city center with modern skyscrapers.We walked 32,000 steps. Now that, I think will never to be repeated by me again anytime soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb