Travelling to Hong Kong


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hunan » ChangSha
April 25th 2015
Published: April 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today is a little bit of a sad start to the day for me as I hear news of my friends mum passing, my thoughts will be with him today.

Yesterday was another relaxed start to the day, Marcus disappeared to teach some lesson which left us to get showered and dressed and pack our bag.

When Marcus came back and was ready we went off to the school canteen for a spot of lunch and then to his last lesson of the day, towards the end of the lesson Marcus decided to play the "one frog jumped in the pond kerplunk" game, I will post a video on facebook later for those who don't know what this is, Marcus decided to use myself and Claire to demonstrate, the funny thing was the kids who got up to play had the game sussed straight away which is more then can be said about certain members of Claire's family.

Once we left the school we had an epic taxi journey to the train station, this driver was the best so far, in and out the traffic, cutting through petrol stations and cutting round traffic lights, this dude was mos definitely the Michael Schumacher of the taxi world.

We passed through all the checks to get the train and when it was called we headed to the high speed train to Hong Kong, that had to be the most pleasurable journey of all, at one point we topped 310kph about 191mph across land, not quite quick enough to get into the 200mph club but the closest I will ever get to it.

Once off the train after a few hours we had to pass through passport control as effectively we entered a new country, we headed to the tube and to Causeway Bay near the centre of Hong Kong where our hotel is.

We steeped out of the subway and what a difference, loads of bright lights and hustle and bustle.

We found our hotel and checked in, we were escorted to our room and shown into our room, wow what a view, at the end of our bed you look over the Causeway Bay and across Kowllon Island, last nights view was stunning, to be honest the view now is just as stunning.

We went out for a quick midnight snack and then back ton he room, by the time we went to sleep it was about 2am.

I am writing this in a rush so I will add a few pictures tonight when we get back in for exploring today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb