Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
April 26th 2015
Published: April 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we woke to a view across the harbour to Kowloon, what a way to wake up, absolutely stunning.

Once we we're up we headed into the main shopping area of Causeway Bay for a spot of breakfast at a resturant Marcus had used before, from there we jumped on the tube to Lantau Island and jumped onto a cable car to the top of Ngong Ping Plateau 500m above see level.

At the top sits Tian Tan Buddha, Big Buddha sits at 23m tall and is the world's tallest seated bronze Buddha, you have to negotiate 268 stepsat the top to get up close to Big Buddha, as you can imagine Claire was nackered by the time we got to the top but it was worth it, the view was perfect.

From here we jumped on a bus and headed down to Tai O a lovely fishing village, this place was teaming with tourists and fishermen selling their catch either stright from their boat or from there shops, I must add I tried to get a sneeky photo of an old lady pushing her trolley along with her fish and got shouted at "No Picture".

Whilst there we jumped into a boat and for a tour round the fishing village, you could see all of the houses on stilts by doing this.

After a tour of the village the boat took us out into the main harbour to a fishing boat, whilst bobbing around on the water we were very lucky to see Pink Dolphins.

Once done it was back to the village, on the bus to the top and the cable back to the bottom and back to the hotel for a quick shower and out to the Hard Rock to treat Marcus to a burger and to tick another Hard Rock off the list, the food was great and the live music fantastic, from there we went to Hong Kong brew house which isnwhere I tried a sticky toffee beer, intresting it was ok, a bit heavy, after that I stuck to the rum and cokes and Claire and Marcus stuck to the Strawberry beer, at about 3am we decided to call it a night and head home.

Another good and to another good day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.316s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0936s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb