LOUYANG - LONGMAN GROTTOES


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Henan » Luoyang
May 27th 2014
Published: May 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

LOUYANG. REST DAY. ( Apologies if this was posted with photos previously: said it posted but the said not published, hence republish)



LOUYANG is famed for its LONGMEN GROTTOES so today I visited them with a couple of the group. We took a taxi, the more energetic, their bikes! The Grottoes are numerous caves in which are hidden various statutes of Buddha, some large, some small. The Grotto hugs the LOUYANG R. On the opposite bank is the Pagoda Temple and villa occupied by Chaing-I-Chek, the general who fought the Japanese at Nanjing, along side Mao. CIC was the leader of the Koumertang?? who in 48-49 fought Mao, before escaping to Taiwan to form a non communist government. The Grotto, river bridge and villa/pagoda were appealing.



Will probably eat Chinese again this evening. Last night ate a tasty pork and chicken dish. Others had pizza which sounded good, but it's a 2 km walk from hotel and am feeling like a rest, so will pass up the opportunity which I might later regret. Tomorrow we start a 38 km climb!

Advertisement



27th May 2014

You are definitely learning a lot about the history of China!!! Good luck with the climb tomorrow - you can do it! xxx
27th May 2014

Hello
Thanks love dxxx

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb