Day 2- Dragons Head


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hebei
September 18th 2012
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.93, 119.62

A relaxing breakfast and then it was time to explore.
Jumped into a taxi and off we went to Laolongtou.
Our taxi driver was fantastic. He waited all day for us as we walked, went for a boat ride, took photos the usual tourist things.
This place was fantastic. It really did look like a dragon that was lying down with his head in the sea.
There was hardly any one there. We went on a boat trip that was part of the entry fee.
It's a great way to take pictures from all angles. The boat ride was a little scarey.... but worth it.



We walked up on to the wall. It has all been remade there was only a small part of the inside walls remaning.
At the shoulder of the dragon looking out it really looked like a dragon. It's really was amazing. At the very end of the wall we posed at an alter that looks back on the wall.
On the way back there where people everywhere. There must have been 20 bus loads of people that arrived all at the same time.

Very beautiful. Really worth seeing.
Then we went to Shanhaiguan.
This was a city that was on the wall. It had all been remade. It was like a ghost town but you got a good sence of what the original city would have looked like. We walked up on the wall. Wrote a prayer on a prayer tablet and placed it with the others. Asking for "Peace during this difficult time"
There had been protests happening around China and we could see the aircraft flying over our heads about 25 in a day... A little scarey.

The Drum tower was fantastic and the Entrance To Heaven.
That night we ate at the hotel and then followed it by drinks in the bar with a game of pool that went on forever but we laughed alot, a game of Darts and then Soccer Table thingy (Footsball)

Great night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb