Qinhuangdao-Day 1- Train trip


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hebei
September 17th 2012
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.93, 119.62

So an American, an English, an Italian and an Austrailian board a train in Nanjing for Qinhuandgdao... It almost sounds like a joke....
Our kids where on a Discover China Trip with the school and where stating away for the week. So we ladies decided to do the same.... Where should we go....
To the end of the Great Wall of China where it enteres the sea.
We where dropped off at Nanjing station with enough time for our last Starbucks...
(Not sure what we will find ahead.)

Board the train for Beiging South station. 3 hours on a fast train doing 300km/hour.
We then had half an hour to change trains, get a cheese burger.
(Our lunch... still not sure what we will find ahead)
We arrived 2 and a half hours later on a slower train at Qinhuandgdao after playing cards with the Italian.
The station is still being finished. Dust every where. The English heald the hand rail on the way down the stairs and her hand was so dirty. Trying to find a taxi. Everything was in Chinese. Not a word of English in sight. Thank god we had our Starbucks, I thought to myself.
We had to climb down so many stairs to get to the taxis with our luggage. Jumped into a taxi with the help from a chinese lady who spoke english.... Thankyou SOOOO much.

A friend had been here 10 years ago and said there was Quote
"There was nothing there exept one funny cafe, it was so peaceful!!!"

Wow.... boy has it changed. Just like all Small Chinese cities 10 years ago, this one has exploded. It was huge.
The Beiging Olymipcs have made had a huge impact to the country. The hotel that we staying in was build to hold all of the Football (Soccer) players.
We arrived in time just to see the sun setting behind the light house on the hill.
We ventured out of the hotel in search of food.
We found a nice Chinese restaurant where you choose your food in the entrance.
Mostly sea food. Fish - so many different types, crabs, sea cucumber, wormy things, odd shell ceatures which looked like they had to go on a diet. Their shells where tiny and half of their body was hangng out of the shell. Almost like a muffin top. Really odd.
Finished off with cocktails in the bar in the hotel.







Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb