Day 3. The Great Wall.


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hebei
September 19th 2012
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.93, 119.62

The Great Wall.
We where picked up by our driver and off we went to see the wall.
It was quite a way out and I really don't think the driver knew where he was going....
We missed the turn off. I didn't want to question him but then he rang some one and then he stopped and asked a lady on a scooter and she pointed to the direction that we had just come from....
"Sorry, Sorry." He repeated over and over again. Yes.... we did miss the turn off.
When we a arrived there was a series of wedding photos going on.
It was beautiful with the Great Wall in the background curling its way up the hill.
The day was beautiful. Very sunny and a blue sky.
The wall had been rebuilt but there was still a section of the wall that was original.
We each bought a t-shirt for the photos on the wall.
Then the climb began.

It was very difficult due to the fact that the stairs where so uneven. Some where higher and others where so narrow. We tried in many ways to get photos so the everyone could understand but to was very hard.Kelli took a great photo of me clawing my way up the wall. In one section you had to lean forward and hold onto the stairs so that you don't fall back wards.......
AHHHHH.... I then thought to myself..... How do we get down????
Anna wasn't breathing too well so I stayed with her and the other two soldiered on to the top.
It has only been rebuilt to a certain section and then the rest of the wall is in ruin.

The view was amazing. WE could see parts of the wall that we where at yesterday all the way to the dragons head at the sea.

It was fantastic because there was hardly anyone there.

If you go to Beijing this is a great day trip to do. It's not very touristy at all. It really felt like you where in old China.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0909s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb