To the Beach! (and Other Places)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hangzhou
June 6th 2012
Published: June 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Monday Andy and I decided to have a day to relax and go to the beach. We went to find some breakfast first because we decided to go in theafternoon. We went to a grocery store and got some oreos, Spongebob sticks (which was just pocky) and some various little cake like things. We ate, what ended up being brunch because of what time it was, in the little commons room in our hostel where we ended up meeting a guy from Holland. It was kind of cool to meet him because everyone else at our hostel was Chinese.

So after we were done eating we went up to our room and put on our suits. Then we took the bus to the beach. Just as we were figuring out where to set up, our Dutch friend came up to us. We ended up walking to another part of the beach where there wasn't anyone and sat and talked for a while.

Then the Dutch guy headed on his way to do something else and Andy and I went to go swimming. I found out, by being nailed by a couple waves, that ocean water tasted nasty.

When we had our fill of swimming we went back to our hostel. After hanging out in our room for a little while we went to find supper and then hung out in the commons area with the Dutch guy and some Chinese people.

The next day we went with the Dutch guy to an island that wasn't that far away from Xiamen. Almost immediately after getting there we were flocked by a bunch of girls that wanted to take pictures with us. We figured it was because they were used to seeing foreigners and they thought it was cool that they were seeing 3 at once.

We walked around the island until we got bored and saw everything we wanted to see and took the ferry back to Xiamen. There we found lunch and then went back to our hostel.

When we got back to our room, Andy and I hung out in there for a little while, but we fell asleep pretty quickly. After about two hours we woke up and went to find supper. Then we sat in the commons room with the Dutch guy until we needed to go pack up our stuff. When done with that we said goodbye to him and went to bed.

The next morning we woke up sort of early and headed to the train station. First we stopped at Walmart to get some snacks. Then we boarded an 8 hour train to Hangzhou. We're going to stay here a night and some of the day tomorrow and then take a 2 hour train to Suzhou.

Advertisement



6th June 2012

"The Dutch Guy"
But you never asked him his name? Or offered yours? Isn't the point of meeting people that you actually meet them? :-P

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb