We wish to inform you that the next two days will be exams for all the students


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Guilin
November 14th 2006
Published: November 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Seriously....2 days...I think by know you all know the twists and turns of this story. Amanda thought she was gonna teach all week, Amanda finds out that the studnts will be taking tests all day on Thursday and Friday....actually Amanda is not 100%, but still plans a trip out of town for Thurs -Monday. Amanda turns off her cell phone, so no can tell her to wake up from her dream....

But it's wasn't a dream....Mary and I were at it again. This time we stayed local, taking a quick 14 hour overnight train ride northwest to a town, rather, a city called Guilin. Boasted, "As the most beautiful place on the earth," by the Republican Richard Nixon. So I had to go check it out....cause you never now with those republicans 😊.....Well, I can say he was right. Guilin and it's neighboring city of Yangshou were amazing. All around, for miles and miles down the Li river were the oddest lmost perfect looking limestone formations. They looked like they just shot up straight from the ground...in the middle of the city. They were unbelievable, and beautiful at the same time.

And besides the scenery....there was western food, coffee
Anywhere?  Is there Anywhere to buy something?Anywhere?  Is there Anywhere to buy something?Anywhere? Is there Anywhere to buy something?

If you have money to spend, they have something, you are not always sure what it is, but they have something to sell.
and people. I had about 10 cafe au laits, a half a pizza, a veggie burger, and enough granola to get me through my withdrawal. We took a 4 hour river cruise, watched some rock climbers scale the mountains, biked through rice raddies, bargained for better deals on stuff we didn't need, barely slept when we choose the hostel next door to a dance club, climbed higher than the chinese people at Moon mountain park, and took the longest, bumpiest, most horrible 13 hour ride home in which at one time we hit a pot hole that, no exaggeration, had me in the air at least 2 inches. Needless, to say it was another night of no sleep or maybe it was all the coffee...regardless....it was all so good....best exam I ever took.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

guilin...in china (if you couldn't guess)guilin...in china (if you couldn't guess)
guilin...in china (if you couldn't guess)

Guilin is the industrial...or big city part of this area in china..they had many beautiful parks, this was the only FREE one, so here is where we went, twice.
better than the zoo!better than the zoo!
better than the zoo!

In 3rd grade, my family and I paid $20 do see buffalo and only ended up seeing buffulo dung....this time I was more successful!
A clash of centuriesA clash of centuries
A clash of centuries

This picture is for my engineers....
Leaving guilin...Leaving guilin...
Leaving guilin...

Our 4 hour river cruise saw many sights similiar to these.
can i really be this cheesy.....i'm the king of the world!can i really be this cheesy.....i'm the king of the world!
can i really be this cheesy.....i'm the king of the world!

Climbing up to the very top was definitely a challenge...in flip flops!
Friday night lights!Friday night lights!
Friday night lights!

We opted not to pay for our picture to be taken, which was a viable option, instead here is our version....which is not so good, butyou get the idea...it was pretty.
Mary....come on!  You let them win.Mary....come on!  You let them win.
Mary....come on! You let them win.

Obviously we can see who the dissappointment is here!
Of course...Of course...
Of course...

my bike broke...
Seriously??Seriously??
Seriously??

I have to pee where??


16th November 2006

Where do you wash your hands?

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb