National Holiday madness


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
October 2nd 2013
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.9165, 116.391

National Holiday in China is not a good idea to be traveling in China.
There are always people everywhere but on National Holidays there are even more people than you can even begin to imagine.
We had organized a tour guide to collect us at the train station and show us around the city.
First stop was The Temple of Heaven.
It is beautiful. People everywhere.
Then off to Food Street.
This is a strange place.
The food that you find here is not what you would find in a normal restaurant.
Squid on a stick. Spiders, crickets, starfish, crabs, oysters, scorpions, livers, hearts, testicles.
Just a little odd. Luca and Serena tried most of them.
I just took photos of them eating.
NEXT DAY.
Tianamen Square - Forbidden City.
Once again people everywhere. There were huge pots of flowers and the China flag flying everywhere. We then had to go down threw the subway to cross the road to get to The Forbidden City.
The photo of Mao on the wall is huge. I just had to take a selfie with him.
We entered into the first courtyard. WOW. Its huge.
Then we continued walking. WOW again. This place is HUGE.
All concrete and stone. Not a tree in sight. Just when you
Tianamen SquareTianamen SquareTianamen Square

National Holiday
think its finished there is another courtyard and then the garden at the end.
Its worth seeing. It feels like you are on a Hollywood Set its really enormous.
Then we jumped onto a rickshaw and travelled around the Hutongs.
The Drum Tower.
There were so many steps going up and they are so steep.
Hearing the drums was amazing. You could feel the vibrations threw your whole body and the view was great too.
One thing that you must try is the yoghurt in the little white bottles.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb