Day number 3


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
January 15th 2012
Published: January 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was amazing, i can hardly keep up with it all or even remember half of it. We introduced to hour teachers that going to be preparing us for our placement later and they all seamed really nice. We later had an introductory dinner at the banquet hall with the played a few games and mingled with the other people from all the other countries, and by now im already quite settled with a few friends but i pratically know evryone and we all do things together anyhow. We've been tought about a thing here in china called "mien zi" which means face, and is sort of equivilent to the english word image. In china its all about image and getting the respect and recognition of as many people as possible. There is many ways of doing this and the most common is taking people out for dinner or drinks, and that what i did. Near the end of banquet i talked to a few people about going out to see the town and explore a bit and they seamed positive about it. I quickly got my hands on adress from one of the staff members ( i call him the ice cream man because his name is Solero), i had a nice chinese girl write the adress down in chinese for me and made ten copies of it and started handing it out to as many people as possible to get people to come with me. I thought i might get 4 or 5 people to come, but i quickly rounded up allmost 30 people!
We all had to go by seperate cabs and i ended up with a group of about 15 people that i took to the adress i had aquired, a place refered to as the bar district. We all got a little lost a first because the taxi driver decided to make a little extra cash by driving us in circles and droping us off at diffrrent ends of the bar street, but luckily we had also aquired chinese phones by then so we found each other eventually with some help from some chinese locals. We finally all got together at a place called the Pool bar, and got our little private area where we could fit and just there and talked and had few beers. Mind you, the beer here is very weak, maximum about 3.6%!s(MISSING)o we didnt go all out that night, but it was definietly a good oppertunity to get to known people better and gain some "mien zi" and establish my own Guanxi (means network).

Today we started classes and im already enjoying it and engage enthusiasticly in the lessons. Our teacher, Mr Heipel Robert, is very funny, passionate and sympathetic. I really his teachings and life here in China with a passion.

Cant wait for the next day to come.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb