China!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
February 4th 2011
Published: February 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ni Hao and Gung Hey Fat Choy!
Or Hello and happy new years to those of you who don't speak chinese!

We have now spent our last 3 days in Sanlitun youth hostel here in Beijing. It's a HUUUGE city and a LOT of people. The hostel is awsome, lot of backpackers from all over the world. It's realy easy to get to know the people here, and the staff which differs from the rest of the city, speak english!
We have walked on the great wall, seen the forbidden city, visited the Beijing Zoo and celebrated Chinese new years! It has sounded like a urban war for 2 days now. The sound of firecrackers and fireworks was fun in the beginning but a little tirering when you wanted to sleep.

The great wall was an amazing experience, it is unbelivably long, and the view from some of the higher up spots are spectacular. On the way to down it's possible to take a tobogan wich is realy fun!!
Today when we visited the forbiden city we felt like walking tourist atrations. Large groups of chinese people, young and old wanted to take they're pictures with us.

The
Snake EyesSnake EyesSnake Eyes

Me eating snake eyes in the Sanlitun Hostel in beijing at new years eve
food here in Beijing is realy good, but we never know what we order, because nobody speak english. So because of that we have eaten some weird stuff among them snake eyes, wich aposidly was for good luck!
It is easy to travel around the city using the subway system, the signs are in english and they anounce the major atractions on the speakers. And it's realy cheap, a subway ticket costs about 30 cents (USD), you get a full meal for 3 dollars and a beer cost 50 cents.

Tomorrow we're taking the night train to shanghai. we'we bought tickets for something, but we don't know if it's the right one. It can be a problem not being able to talking english when you order tickets.
It has been fun here in Beijing and I feel I have experienced what I needed to here. So for now it has been enough of Beijing.

Blog out!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Tourist atractionTourist atraction
Tourist atraction

J ended up beeing the real tourist atraction in the forbidden city


12th February 2011

god tur.
Til Jørgen: Sitter her med mor di og et glass rødvin! Alle hilser! Kos dere masse ! Håper Vietnam blir bra!

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb