Day 1.


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
January 31st 2011
Published: January 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Amsterdamn!Amsterdamn!Amsterdamn!

Canal with a combined steakhouse, grand cafe and coffeeshop in the background
This will be my first entry to the travelblog

1. day of our magical mystery tour. Me (Aksel) and J(jørgen) will be traveling through China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Australia over a period of about 5 months.

We landed in Amsterdam late sunday evening, both affected by a heavy saturday. Going through the corridors of Schippol we found our self hungering for a steak and a cold heineken. After locking up our backpacks and figguring out the trainsystems, we arrived at "Amsterdam Centraaaal". We didn't have to walk more then 5 minutes before finding a decent steakhouse. After a delicious meal we went for a strole around the city center, seeing a lot of beutiful old houses and canals.
After the "sightseeing we were going back to the airport to for some sleep, witch was harder than expected. Neither trains nor busses went this late (00.00), so after politely declining 2 somewhat shady "taxis" we found a guy willing to drive us for a decent amount of money. At the airport the only thing that was open was a weird little cafè with mildely interesting choise of music and clientel. After a couple cups of coffee the great halls of schippol yet again started to fill up.
After checking in we're trying our best to stay aliv...awake, yet there is still 10 hours unntil our plane leaves for Beijing.

I'll be back
live from Beijing.

Advertisement



31st January 2011

Flink du e! Keep it up :D

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb