Welcome to Jingshan


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
February 23rd 2010
Published: March 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We had our official "Welcome to Jingshan High School" as we had to stand up on stage and introduce ourselves with just our names. Then came what the entire school was waiting for, the gift to the principal/ school, which Ms. McQuillan presented to the principal. Out came a box in gift wrapping. Oh what could it be we all wondered? Even Ms. Sargent didn't have the slightest clue, it was all up to Ms. McQuillan to impress everyone. A small box has a small engraved plate saying "To celebrate the first snow day of Jingshan" (something along those lines) And then the principal just had to open the box- where an entire bagful of glitter sat at the bottom, just waiting to cause a disaster. Oh dear, who would have known that these things could happen, we all stood up on stage, getting laughed at... it was really priceless...
We then got our uniforms and had to get a desk for Tony to use in his class because the rest of our classes already brought up desks for us.
We then sat in on Victor, Ricky, Miles, and Shengnan's class-with only chairs, since we weren't going to bring our desk too if we would only be there for one day.
After school, as Rita, Annie, and Rose were finishing their tests, Emily, Celina, and I sat on our chairs waiting for them to be done so we could go home with our host siblings, and return our chairs to our desks. As we just sat outside in the hallway on our desks we entertained ourselves by taking random pictures on each others phone and then met another fellow basketball player who was on the other team yesterday, who came up to us and asked for our names and why we were still in school if class was over... His name was Ray- and he was staying back because he had to clean his classroom- which was next door to our room, and as he left- and said bye.. he just went by the door- and I guess tried to hide from us? and stood there- making the three of us laugh- because clearly we could see him, but pretended not to, since that seemed to be his plan.
Finally he disappeared, and then class was over- we just had to wait for the next day.

😊 - Michelle

Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb