Last day in Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
August 3rd 2009
Published: August 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

woke up VERY hungover. overslept so had to pay for another half day in the hostel which was a pain. Sat in the hostel bar for a bit reading and playing with the worlds cutest dog. Caught the subway and felt so ill, when we got off we went to KFC which was the most amazing thing i had ever tasted. after this we had to rush a bit to the train station cos it was further away than we thought and chinese people like to walk very slowly plus the station is huge. got there with about 5 minutes to spare and went to platform ten but there was no train there it was on platform 9 instead which we noticed with about 2 minutes spare had to run all the way back up the stairs with my huge rucksack on and flip flops. i almost died. jon made it but i was still halfway down the stairs so i threw my flip flops off and ran and made it with seconds to spare. it was quite exciting but it meant i did lose a good pair of flip flops. found our seat but not before i accidentally spilled litres of water everywhere much to the delight of the fellow passengers. we only had seats and it was a little uncomfortable but i soon fell asleep and everyone on the train was really nice and tried to talk with us as best the ycould and even gave us food. yum yum.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb