Beijing Day 4


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
August 2nd 2009
Published: August 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Had a lie in today and read my book. Then we decided to do the thing ive been most excited about seeing, the Olympic park!! Had lunch first which was chicken and courgette in 'brown sauce' and rice and it was delicious. But i hate chopsticks. Got the subway to the stadiums which were amazing. i have no idea how they built them, but i took a LOT of photos. Decided not to go in cos it was quite expensive so walked round them instead. it was really lovely but it seemed odd that they had built these huge stadiums at such great expense for just one even and now it all seemed quite empty. Waited until nightfall until it was all lit up so i could take even more photos, and in the meantime played cards, because all the chinese are gamble mad they all liked to stop and stare which was a little unnerving. There was also these kids on sidewinders which i really wanted to go on but i was too scared to ask.
The stadiums were amazing lit up and theres a tower that had a light show. Lots of people wanted to have photos with us. i thought it was cos the mistook jon for chris martin now hes all beardy.
on the tube back we met a man that was a doctor and i said 'oh in medicine' and he said 'no, amsterdam' which me and jon found hilarious!!!! He was pretty crazy and told us his motto was 'no money, no funny, no honey'. Decided tonight we actually would go clubbing so bought some horribe HORRIBLE spirit for 58p for half a litre which tasted like soy sauce and drank it in our room with some girls from th U.K. one is in Cardiff uni doing medicine in the same year as Beth. Jon really wanted to go to a bar called Q bar but after looking for it for ages we think it doesnt exist. so just went to a few bars then to his cafe sort of bar where we found some people who owned an irish bar, was sitting there quietly when out of nowhere the police came marching down the road with baseball bats. Went across the road and started hitting some guy before going into a house/ when they came out later they had lots of guys in handcuffs and were ven whipping one guy! this happened 2 more times that night so me and jon decided to call it a night and so went back to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0189s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb