Oh man China is radical!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
June 21st 2007
Published: June 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

So we successfully survived our first day on the other side of the world! We lucked out and grabbed a random taxi to a hostel called the New Dragon. They have the internet for free in their lobby and we are paying only $20 a night for a full room with a bathroom and shower. But here is the best part.. they have 32 oz. Tsingtao beer for only 20 cents!! And the rest of China is ridiculoulsy cheap as well, Rachel and I both had luch today, drinks and everything, for a total of $3.

So we rented a couple bikes and headed out to see what Beijing had to offer, we saw the infamous Tianemen square, toured the Forbidden City in all its glory, and wandered around Be Hai Park, an awesome temple surrounded by a lake, laced with golden Buddhas, that overlooks all of Beijing! Everything has gone so smooth, we are very fortunate. However, during our biking adventure our map got stolen and we cruised around, utterly lost, for over an hour trying to find our place!

Tonight we are going to buy some cheap party threads and head down to the local disco clubs, this place is so great! The weather is perfect. Talk about a language barrier though, there is literally nobody that speaks english, and you could wander around for hours before seeing another white person, but I guess that is why we are here huh!?

I have a bunch of awesome pics, as soon as I can figure out how to upload them you can share them with me too! I miss everyone, after a great first day I think this trip is truly going to be unforgettable. Talk soon!

Advertisement



21st June 2007

Yeah Buddy!
Man I'm so amped to meet up with you. The best part is that every part is a good part. PSYCHED!!!
21st June 2007

Dru! so good to hear from you. I am glad you made it safely over there. Donna and I started a book club lol... It's called the Donna and Andrea Book club! We are reading Life of Pi. Anyway I look forward to reading all of your messages over the next 6 weeks. I love you buddy! Stay safe!
22nd June 2007

Can I join the book club??
So, the Life of Pi is a great read, however, please keep in mind that the first half of the book SUCKS!!! But then.. after nearly exactly the middle of the book, the story truly really becomes amazing, so hang in there :) Man the Donna and Andrea book club is SO cool!
22nd June 2007

Nam man!
Can't wait to see you Pat! The days are counting down...

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb