Day 07: Capital Museum Beijing (April 2019)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Wangfujing
April 24th 2019
Published: December 18th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday, 24th April 2019

The rainy weather in the morning presented an ideal opportunity to visit the Capital Museum, a short metro ride from where I stayed. The modern building is a delight to visit with plenty of spaces to maneuver around. However, the sparse exhibits were nothing to shout about which was a shame considering the generous size of the museum space. Anyway, this is a good space to while the hours away while waiting for the rain to stop.

I decided to opt for a Japanese lunch at Genki Sushi. Conveniently located at Oriental Plaza, it was right next to Wangfujing Metro Station. Back at home, Genki Sushi is always an institute of itself, perpetually crowded with snaking queues at any time of the day. It was nice to dine at the Beijing outlet where there were absolutely no queues - just hungry office workers. The service personnel were attentive to make it a pleasant experience.

I spent the rest of my day window-shopping around Wangfujing with no plans to purchase anything. Dinner was back at the Taste of Dadong at the APM Mall. It was nice to have the Beijing Duck again on my penultimate day in the city.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.434s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 83; dbt: 0.3422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb