Ni How from china


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Great Wall of China
October 31st 2006
Published: October 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well hello lads and lassies
how are ye all doing?? i hope that life is treating ye well where ever ye are!! Well i have now been in china for close to a week and god is it different from Korea. Not what i expected as i didn't think that the poverty of China would be that obvious in places like beijing. That was proberly the first thing that struck me as i got off the plane. I alse counldn't stop speaking korean as i was so use to seeing asian people and straight into my little bit of korean speal but to them of course i proberly looked strange and they were proberly thinking (she looks western but why is she speaking this strange language) I have found though learning Chinese words quiet easy as it is just a difficult as korean but some words are the same so that has helped.

So anyway to what i have been up to!! I arrived last Thurs after a tearful goodbye to all my friends in korea and arrived in China to find that i was freezing my arse off and didn't have enough clothes to keep myself warm so was shivering for the bones of a day before i got use to it.

So far i have been up to the great wall of china which was amazing and amazingly tough to climb no wonder the mongules couldn't get up it, it is realy tough!! i was expecting this really high wall but when i got there it wasn't really a wall at all the wall only goes up to about your knee but it is on a really steep mountain with many watch towers along the way from where the chinese looked out from but how they actually used to signal to each other when the enemy was comming is really interesting!!

I have also been to the Forbidden City which is huge!! It is a really old palace where all the emporiors and empresses lived and where mear peasant were never allowed into. in the same area is Tianiam sq where Gereal moa Proclaimed the people republic of china and is though of as a hero in China. Which to me seems like they have been brain washed into beleving that because for all the good he brought he also brought alot of trouble for the chinese which is even hard to research here i find!!

What i found most about beijing was of how much construction the place is under. It is trying to get ready for the olimpics in 2008 and the whole place is been renovated which means that alot of museams are closed off which was really annoying. In my belief i don't believe that they will be ready for it on time as they have so much work to do and even the things that they have finished they never put english on the sign so it can make it quiet difficult to get around.

I am now in a place called Shien (spelt wrong)and i am off to see the Tercotta warriors tomorrow which are supposed to be amazing!! and will tell you all about them soon but i am suppose to be going out for food in about 5 mins so should really go!! Thanks for all the e-mails and looking forward to seeing ye all soon
Rosie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0877s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb