good morning vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
November 8th 2006
Published: November 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hi are ye all doing just thought that i would give ye another installment as to what i have been up to since i have last spoken to ye.

Well after beijing China the rest of china is a lot different and much more beautiful the further south that i go . In the last installment i left ye at, that i was on my way to the terricotta warriors which were beautiful and have so much history. I Will tell you in more detail at christmas but too much to go into now and would love to download my pictures but unfortunately by bag has gotten lost on my way to vietnam and i have been stuck in the same clothes for the past two days. Starting to feel really gurby now and praying that it will be found before tomorrow.

so after Xian we went to another beautiful part of china called Gullian which have these beautiful limestone case (like little mountains) The town that i was situated in was right smack middle of all these moutains which was very picturesque and required going up on a hot air balloon which was so much fun for all the girls but all the lads were pectrafied so funny. We went up at 6 in the morning so just in time to see the sun rise which was so nice!! then in the afternoon went cycling around this beautiful area and went on a bamboo raft and into this beautiful old cave.

After that back onto a sleeper train for another 14hrs (lovely) I think that you need a stomach of steal to be able to stick that for so long! and ended up in Hong kong which is a lot more expensive than main land china, but because it was part of the commen wealth i felt like i was in england with all the english food for sale and even a marks and sparks (wasn't allowed in by my friends). You wouldn't think that it was china except for all the asians that were walking around.

I planned to stay here for only 2 nights as it was so expensive, but ended up staing for 4 nights as there was so much to see and do😊 one of the most spectacular things about hong kong is the sky line which i think is the most beautiful that i have ever seen. In the night time you go down to the water and on the other side of the river which is hong kong all the buildings do a little light show to music



Today is now my first day in Vietnam, i decided to fly as i couldn't handle the thought of anymore time on a train. Pity i did now as now i have no clean clothes and really starting to worry about my bag!

I am finding Vietnam to be really beautiful and there is a beautiful smell of insence burning everywhere so the whole town of Hanoi just smells like purfume all the time. It isn't what i expected as it looks a lot different from everything else that i have seen in asia, the reason that it is so different is because it used to be a colony pf france so you have these beautiful old buildings everywhere. Everyone is so friendly and just want to find out more about you and talk to you. I think that i am proberly going to spend a long time here!

Well tomorrow i am off for two days to Halong bay so i better go out and buy some clean clothes for the next two days so i will leave ye at that. only 6 weeks today till i am back in ireland and really looking forward to seeing all of ye again. Hope that ye are all keeping well and will talk to you soon
Rosie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb