Sihanoukville 2nd visit


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
January 9th 2016
Published: February 2nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

After returning from Koh Rong 3 days earlier than planned we revisited Sihanoukville but stayed on Serenpidity beach as was closer to he nightlife and less mone spent on tuk tuk and food before we made our way back to Bangkok!

The beach wasn't the best beach so every day we would walk to Otres 1&2 approximately 8kilometres. The vibe here was much cooler, music was less commercial....there were people constantly stopping to sell you threading, boat parties, little kids trying to sell you bracelets and there English was amazing! We were approached by a Canadian guy who convinced us to do a "private boat party" which cost 14USD! We got chatting and asked where the best places to go were he mentioned bars on Otres beach but also the hacienda bar. So that night we decided to jump in a Tuk, Tuk to find the bar, every Tuk, Tuk driver looked at us like we had 3 heads but in the end we managed to convince someone to take us...we were already half cut and the journey was in the middle of the bush and took over an hour (we had been previously told by the owner in Siem Reap that if anyone was going to kill and rape you then they would take you to the bush) this had us already skeptical. Eventually after a very scarey journey we rocked up at the hacienda by which was in the most remote part of Sihanoukville we had ever seen. Glad we see all still in one piece We headed to the bar and Aimee and Lisa went straight to the toilets (having bladders of small fish). On there return they were advised by the rudest bar staff that "this is a no strict drugs policy and if they went to the toilet together they would be removed from the premises". The night got worse and worse, the vibe was not welcoming and all the people there were workers. Within 5 minutes we were desperate to leave! We asked the guy Steve who sold is the boat tickets to order us a Tuk, Tuk and felt completely stranded, to no avail. In the end we followed a group of extremely drunk people into the bush, we had no idea how to get home! Cut a long story short in the end we ended up being kindly taken home on motorbikes by 2 guys who were on the boat trip the next day......

The rest of he trip was night we stayed in a few nights and chilled at the hostel but we were all sick on antibiotics with bacterial infections from Koh Rong so we were never able to veer to far away from a toilet!

After we felt better we went to the beach with Aimee and chilled out the ladeez on the beach after numerous begging for us to get our legs threaded, we warned them of the amount of hairs that we have in each folical but they said "we're the best, we can do this"......3 hours later of unbeliveable pain we had to ask them to leave the backs of our legs as the sun was going down, I guess they regretted it more than we did?



Never trust people who sell you tickets on a beach and be wary when being taken to the bush!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb