Sleeper bus realities


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
January 14th 2016
Published: February 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Bangkok- 14th January - 17th
We were told it would take 15 hours to travel Sihanoukville, Cambodia to Bangkok. We took 3 buses, the first being a sleeper bus where we were next to the most beautiful Argentinian lad we have ever met, Bernado. He had eyes you could get lost in and a smile that melted you're heart. We began speaking and he was fascinated by the fact we were twins (what man is n't)We were more than happy, however about 1.5 hours into the journey he was a single traveller and the beds we had were for two, so the bus driver moved him onto the next section and he was replaced with a Cambodian family if 3 generations........ Just our luck. A little girl who spoke no english was mesmerised by us and looked bored so we got out the iPad and started showing her pictures, before long she was sat in our bed with us and often the rest of the family would come over and look at our 1,000+ photos. We stopped often but we had a long journey ahead so strapped our valuables to our leg and took a sleeping tablet. Bernado ended up being with a beautiful blonde Australian girl to which they ended up having some kind of "romantic encounter" for all to see ( no curtains on this bus) He left at Phnom Penh but made sure he said goodbye and wished us well....... I was only thinking I wish I was that Aussie girl ?.After being on the bus 12 hours we had the usual wet wipe wash in a dirty bathroom and peed into holes in the floors and changed buses. Once we hit the border it took around 2 hours to get through, met a good bunch of people that were now on our new bus and we had a litre of vodka with us, so whilst waiting in line we passed this around to liven up the rest of the trip. The second leg of the journey was a lot of fun, terrorising the driver for music. Stopping to get more alcohol, but having to pay the driver off to let us drink. After 26 hours from leaving Sihanoukville we arrived at our hostel at the famous Koh San Road and I knew it was going to be fun. We went to bed early that night as was so tired from travelling but meant ditching our new set of friends. The next day we got up early and went to the seven eleven for our 35 baht toastie. We met Jacob on the side of the road and he approached us for a lighter. He began explaining how he had t been home as he has to cross by a ferry and they stop after a certain time. He had been there a while as teaching so he was our tour guide, we began drinking and he had received some bad news so needed to help him out. The day was fun and managed to sneak him into the pool.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb