Just over 42 days to go.


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
August 6th 2013
Published: August 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

With now only 6 weeks left to blast off, I have been busy looking on the web for places to go and things to see particularly in Singapore. Accommodation is very expensive by comparison however I have been in communication with the New Majestic Hotel www.newmajestichotel.com and they have been very obliging. Part of the issue is that we need twin beds, so most hotels in Singapore assume that couples will be visiting. Del and I have shared before, and we both agree that twin beds are far more suitable. I can't wait to take advantage of the New Majestic Hotel's comforts. It seem very funky and simply gorgeous. It's just the look we were after. Please check my review in Trip Advisor after October for my thoughts.

Time to make an appointment at the doctors for the overseas immunisations. I prefer to get the Vivaxim injection. This single injection gives protection against Hepatitis A and Typhoid fever. Typhoid fever is a variation of Salmonella, and having been deparately ill in India once before, I never want to experience that again. I'll also be looking for Malaria tabs, and a broad spectrum anitbiotic to take with us, just incase.... Apparently rabies is a possibility, but we will be very careful about staying away from dogs and monkeys. The other thing to be aware of is not only sunburn, but mosquito borne diseases, so a liberal covering of insect repellant will sort that concern out. We will be spending some time either on or nearby the river, so there's a need to be aware and careful.

Other great sites I have found about Singapore include

http://www.chinatown.sg/index.php

http://www.bugis-street.com/?vm=r

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/Singapore/Singapore-1495679/Restaurants-Singapore-Newton_Hawker_Centre-BR-1.html?vm=r

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb