7th day


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
April 10th 2010
Published: April 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We are now in Phnom Penh. This just like Bangkok is one seriously huge city. It took us 8 hours to drive here with a few stops along the way. We got going at 7.30 in the morning from Siem Riep. We made a few stops along the way. The first stop was to pick up some sticky rice that was cooked in bamboo for 12 hours with black beans and coconut milk. I thought it tasted very bland and Lisa thought it needed some chocolate. Apparently the travelers along the road pick it up to eat during the day.

We also stopped at a ski farm where they grow silk worms to make silk and they also had some women with looms, weaving silk scarves. We had lunch there prepared by the ladies that worked there and it tasted very nice. Chicken, pork and veg stir-fry with rice and some tom yum soup.

Later in the day we stopped at a market where we were mobbed by children selling fruit again. Once more it was a demonstration of the life of a child in Cambodia. No play, very little school and a whole lot of work. I was really annoyed when they approached us as usual and started harassing us for money to buy this and that but there was something different here. All the kids were carrying these huge spiders, Tarantulas, in their hand. And in order to get your attention they put them on you to get your attention. I was not scared of the spiders but I could tell that others in our group were not too please with the proximity to theme. We began talking to the girls, and they kept insisting that we buy some banana, mango or other fruit of them.

Once we got a chance to look around we noticed that in this market they also sold these very same spiders deep fired. There was also deep fried cockroaches and heaps of other bugs. Weird!!!

I just notice that my battery is about to run out and I know you guys want to see some more photos so I apologies but I can’t do it right now.

Till tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb