Angor Wap- Best temples ever (and by now i know tempels)


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
March 2nd 2009
Published: March 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

An the way to AngorAn the way to AngorAn the way to Angor

Spider snack time
We arrived in Siem Reap (which is the town nearest Angor wap) and had a walk around. The town is based aroudn the central square market in the middle and everything like pubs and shops are on the outside.
After a bit of shopping we went to a bar called Angor WHAT? ( see what they did there changing wap to what- clever chaps). It seemed to be the backpackers hangout and we met lots of friends there over a bottle of whiskey each (it was the cheapest thing, honest!!!!) and a few beers. So much so we got a T shirt from the bar for free- It says Angor What? on it, tacky but memories included.
The next day feeling a bit ropey we went to Angor wap for sunrise- getting up at 5:30 am was lovely.
We had learned more and more about the temples and thier history the day before so we were all really interested to see the temples. The largest and main temple for sunrise was busy with tourists but still way worth it.
Throughout the day we then made out way to 6 various other temples in the area. Some had been completly restored to
An the way to Angor wapAn the way to Angor wapAn the way to Angor wap

Do i have soemthign in my teeth
how they were before the jungle over ran them, and some others have been left so you have vines, tree roots and animals all over them, making a very indiana jones feel.
I would suggest anyone else to go there as you can spend up to a week easily looking at all the 120 temples spread throughout the area and you would not get bored (maybe just a bit hot).


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

On the way to Angor wapOn the way to Angor wap
On the way to Angor wap

A bridge made entirely of bamboo
bamboo bridgebamboo bridge
bamboo bridge

these guys areclever
Angor WapAngor Wap
Angor Wap

needed his nose picked
Angor WapAngor Wap
Angor Wap

big ass tree
Angor WapAngor Wap
Angor Wap

Sunrise


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb