Phenom Phen- Torture in a high school and fields of death


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
February 27th 2009
Published: March 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got up early to beat the crowds to go to S21 which used to be a high school and was turned into a mass prison/torture chambers/death chambers. It seemed sick that a place like that would have so many crowds you need to leave early in order to see it, not that i was overly pushing to get in. The wierdest thing about it was that there was trees and it looked like a really nice place. Then when you got closer they had either pictures or detailed explanations or what happened here and there- confusing and messed up.
Then it didnt get any better as we went to the killing fields.
The killing fields were the names given to various large mass graves all over Cambodia. The brought anyone who Pol pot wanted killed lined them up on the edge of a large hole then bashed thier heads in (they didnt want to waste bullets). There were so many graves and bodies they havnt managed to move all the bodies properly or excavate all the graves. This means that when you walk around it you are walking on the mass graves, you look down and see some awful things.
A picture of how the foudn a manA picture of how the foudn a manA picture of how the foudn a man

when the place was abandoned, in the picture he is being eaten by vultures
There are teeth on the floor, you can see bones on the path under mud and also it looks like clothing is growing up from the mud. The clothing is there as it was with the dead and its coming though as well. Really eery and hard to explain how it feels when death is everywhere. I was glad to get out and that evening it was on to Angor Wap, ancient temples like the mayans ( tomb raider 1 was filmed there as well).


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb