Cambodia- Nice but due to mass murder (pol pots a bastard) a bit wierd


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
February 22nd 2009
Published: March 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in the Capital of Cambodia called Phong Phen which is okay but empty. Its wierd its about as busy if not less than reading and ITS THE CAPITAL OF A COUNTRY. The reason for this is that 25-30 years ago thier idiot leader Pol pot got paranoid and decided to kill a third of the country, then due to starvation more people died and half the population is under 18. And most of those kids are on the streets with no parents staving. So a bit strange to say the least.
For this first visit to the captial we were only there and afternoon so we went to a local temple that had wild monkeys and a RESIDENT ELEPHANT. It was nice and peacfull as they had alot of trees everywhere. The animals were nice to.
That evening we went to a homestay to spend the night with them. Its really interesting to spend the night in a real local house as you get to know the country properly and not justthrough the bars. After a while spending time with the family and playing cards we went to the local river. It was nice and warm and clean. After being all the sun all day and getting sweaty it was paradise. The only problem with a staying there was that in the evening it seemed to get hotter, well i sweated more at least. Also emily had pig pen beneath her so had snorts eminating from beneath her all night.
So in the morning all sweaty we made out way to Sianoukville which was THE beach place in Cambodia supposedly.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb