Trashy


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
March 26th 2015
Published: March 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Grabbed our beach towels and snorkeling gear to meet our group for a private tour of Sihanoukville, Cambodia this morning.

We walked a long distance to meet our transportation as the port area is restricted. Michael from Australia greeted us and showed us to a broken down, rust bucket of a van. The harbor he brought us to wasn’t any more attractive, in fact it was worse! Strewn with garbage and completely down trodden, we marched our way through and onto the pier in the hopes of finding something better awaiting us. NOT!

Still the boat was adequate and we had a great adventure on the rough ride to an island. The water was very cloudy and seemed polluted, the beach on the island was strewn with litter although we did not go ashore. We snorkeled there for awhile and then climbed aboard for lunch which was very good. Rice with vegetables and chicken.

Another spot on the island for a second round of snorkeling and we headed back. There were only 10 of us on the trip and it was an amiable group. We had a great time.

Michael told us that liquor was very cheap in Cambodia and he peaked everyone’s interest and desire to get some! Our driver made a stop and yes it is pretty cheap. We bought a bottle of vodka for $5.00 and the loose cans of beer were 2 for $1.25. Everyone was happy!

So far I would say Cambodia would not be my choice for a vacation…



Oh by the way, there weren’t many fish to be seen - locals fish with nets and we were told that the situation is dire.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Siesta Time!Siesta Time!
Siesta Time!

Hard to see but our captain was taking a rest in the hammock while using his cell phone. We thought it was funny!
Approaching the HarborApproaching the Harbor
Approaching the Harbor

Hope this boy has his tetanus shot - that anchor is pretty rusty and he is barefoot!
Feral goats?Feral goats?
Feral goats?

Outside the store we stopped in were these goats rummaging through the garbage.
Our Watering HoleOur Watering Hole
Our Watering Hole

Didn't drink there but did get a supply for the ship.


27th March 2015

love the blog
love reading your blog wow can't believe they would bring you to such a place to snorkel and there be no fish! but, its still quite the adventure
27th March 2015

Trashy
No Rose Colored Glasses Entertaining as usual, sifting the good with the bad, loved the goats and Captain on Cell!

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb