Made it!


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
February 11th 2010
Published: March 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arrived around 1pm. Our only option from the bus station was motorbike or walk, so motorbike won out. Despite my fear of them, we each got on one, put our bags by our drivers' feet, and sped off. We got to our hostel with no problems for $1 each. I have never been so happy to be walking again.

We went down the road, toward the beach, for lunch. We weren't sure what restaurants were there and what kind of food they would have. We opted for the place right on the water, taking in the view as we waited and dined. The water sparkled.

After lunch, we hit the beach. Unlike Ko Samet, they make you either pay for the chair or buy a drink. We spent our last dollars on sodas while we relaxed under our umbrella. We had gotten enough sun by now and didn't want to burn and ruin our next few days.

Julie made new friends with some of the girls on the beach. You know the ones, the kind who ask you fifty times if you'd like to buy a bracelet or a cold drink or a book or a whatever they're selling that you don't want. The ones who don't care if you don't have money with you because you can pay them tomorrow or they can go with you to your guest house and wait while you get it. They thought I was mean because I said no and went right back to my book, ignoring them. Julie had a bracelet made and got one for good luck. Later, they followed us back and then tried to tell her it was a dollar per letter for the bracelet with her name. We both knew it was only worth a dollar.

After cleaning up and de-sanding ourselves we went to dinner. I had a barracuda steak with white wine sauce, ratatouille, cheesed potatoes, and vegetables. Then we sprang for desserts of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and a raspberry-fruit crumble. Amazing. I haven't eaten like that in years.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb