My birthday came early this year


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
July 15th 2009
Published: July 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Beach at SihanoukvilleBeach at SihanoukvilleBeach at Sihanoukville

Looking the other way
Strolled along the beach in Sihanoukville, but the weather wasnt great as you can see in the pictures. I rented a bicycle to cycle to the center and visit the market. I got soaked in the rain but managed to buy some fruit and lunch.

I was late getting back to the Monkey Republic and had about 5mins to get changed before we went out to the Angkor Brewery. Stuart kindly let me tag along with him and his lovely friends on their Wednesday outing to the Angkor brewery. I couldn't believe my luck it was unlimited FREE BEER from 4pm onwards - my birthday had come early 😊 We must have had about 4 jugs in the first bar ( which was inside the offices at the brewery) Then we moved downstairs where the AC - posher bar was. We continued drinking here for free too. Then the brewery manager and local celebrity came into the bar and chatted with us.
At about 8ish we left to go to a casino, where we continued drinking free beer. By this point I was already rather drunk and really wish I had eaten more at lunch time. I managed to win 2 dollars!! We then headed back to the coast and went to a few bars and clubs on the beach.

It was a really great night, I had so much fun.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Monkey RepublicMonkey Republic
Monkey Republic

View from the road
Monkey RepublicMonkey Republic
Monkey Republic

view from inside
The group in the casinoThe group in the casino
The group in the casino

I won 2 dollars :)
Very late in the nightVery late in the night
Very late in the night

things got messy


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb