Sihanoukville again!


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
May 30th 2008
Published: June 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
I'm sure you can guess whats coming...
The day was like so many others. We mananged to drag ourselves out of bed around 11am and headed towards the beach. After a few hours we became restless and headed back to our hotel for some food! As the waether was so hot and we were feeling the effects of one too many nights out, we stayed in our hotel and watched a film.

In the evening we promised ourselves that we would not go out but as usual, a few drinks later..... and we ended up in the casino at 4am with some random Irish girls.

500 miles west...
Even though it was an enormous task, I managed to wake up, check out and find a new hostel all before noon. Truth is, I had already found and reserved the new hostel so all i had to do was throw on some clothes and carry the bags about 100 meters. Still, I was impressed with myself.

Knowing I am meeting up with Fudge, Kaveh and B(?), I am frantically trying to find things that will fill my day and will not have to be repeated when the cavalry arrive. I had alot of fun just wondering around yesterday, so I did the same. I stopped at a nice park for a few hours, talked to some local Bangkokians?, and found a net cafe. The early evening and late evening where carbon copies of the evening previous. Although this time it was Kill Bill being shown a 'o! hungry bar', and dangerously Peta and I strayed off the usual 'g&t and one singha beer' order for things more exotic. We grabbed some food at a very trendy little place which served great mojitos and returned to the same travellers bar to do some more people watching.

Bearing in mind its Friday night, the place is packed (and its a big place), the comedy was multiplied. Even more amazingly, I had been in my own world dancing to whatever remixed tune was on and I get a smile from a girl whose face was familiar. It was Georgie and Helena, who we had met a few times in Vietnam.
We had a limited conversation which ended with me promising to meet them at 10am and help them move hostels. Not the cleverest idea I have ever had!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0753s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb