More Sihanoukville


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
May 28th 2008
Published: June 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was very similar to all the other days. It rained very heavily but we hung around on the beach, popping in and out of various bars for assorted snacks and beverages. When the rain finally eased, we went for another massage. This time however, it was completely different. The general massage was far more professional but the conversation and constant laughing made it far more uncomfortable! The massage finished with Ollie being compared to a "doll" and Mark as some actor from a famous show in Thailand. The icing on the cake was when Mark was asked out by a guy masseur when we getting ready to leave! He quickly made his excuses and we departed very sharpish.

In the evening we met up with some girls from the hotel and evening began and finished as the previous nights. Although we did make a visit to the local casino.

DALE:
I wokeup once again regreting staying out so late. especailly as I hadnt packed or even considered getting to the airport. Check out was 12pm, and my plane wasnt leaving until 6pm, so I had time to kill. As i was zipping up my bag the clock struck 12, great timing, and i checked out and searched mine and Zoes predetermined place which sold very strong coffee.

The afternoon flew by, and I had my last meal in Saigon in the place where we first went. Pho24, possibly the best noodle soup in VietNam! It had been about my fifth visit in a week. oh well. I had been told a bus left from the nearby market, and carried my bags through the blistering heat to the bus stop. 20mins goes by and still no bus. A Vietnammese motorbike driver (Lou), befriends me and so eventually he assures me he can accomodate me and all my bags. I was immpressed. With my massive bag between his legs, he takes me to the airport, a good 10km away, without a fuss. It was a mix of fun, excitement and true fear as we weaved and went straight through redlights.

I arrived in Bangkok about 9pm local time and took ther airport express to the tourist ghetto of Khao San rd. It was pissing down; thunder, lightning the lot. A few of us got some beers to let the rain dissappear, but there were no signs. Eventually, I braved it a found the first place with a single room available. Although it was a prison cell in essence, it was cheap and dry(ish). I took it for the night and would relocate in teh morning. I was beat, got some street food and hit the hay.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb